Waterproofing Flat Concrete Roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a flat concrete above my back kitchen and outhouse. I want to waterproof the roof as easily as possible. I've seen some liquids/paints from AquaSeal, at my local DIY store, that you can paint onto a concrete roof. undercoat first then a sealer coat? They also sell a repair mastic to apply before using the sealers.

Does this stuff work, or should I being felting the roof. The roof is 8ft wide by 20ft long with a raised concrete rim.

Any advice will be much appreciated.

Cheers

J

Sponsored Links
easy as possible - paint it with aquaseal, but be prepared for it not to work!

this is a problem that architects have never really cracked.
mainly because all waterproof materials get brittle with age or uv light.

there is a rather unorthodox solution that is really simple to apply but only works for fairly small roofs. that is to get a butyl liner made to fit the roof - it will mean getting accurate dimensions for the liner. but it is a cheap process and best of all you simply order it and wait.
then slip it over the roof and hold it down with mastic and weight (gravel sand etc). you can even turf it.

if this appeals look in the yellow pages under butyl liners and get them to quote a price - invariably it is shockingly cheap. if you get on well with them they may even help you with the design

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back