Waterproofing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What is the best way to stop water getting into a single skin concrete block garden shed, which is built on a concrete slab? The outside of the building is pebble dashed but water is travelling through the concrete blocks and pooling on the floor. I have tried painting bitumen 2 feet up the wall from the floor but this hasn't stopped it. I have also tried painting the outside with a water repellent liquid which soaks into the dashing. This has reduced the water ingress slightly, but I would like the shed to be dry if possible. Any ideas much appreciated, thanks.

Sponsored Links
I assume the water is ingression at the slab level and penetrating between slab and lower wall construction.
A couple of ideas:
Can you cut a gully exterior to the shed in the slab to take the water away?
You could also introduce a chamfered bead of concrete/mortar on both external and internal wall, between slab and wall.
This are only temporary measures ideally your shed should have either DPC in place or should have been raised so ingress is prevented.
Can you raise the floor level in side the shed?

Re-pebbledash the shed with waterproofer through the mix.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back