Cracked concrete wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just put up a sectional garage made of concrete panels. Unfortunately a handful of the panels have slightly bigger than hairline cracks and when it rains water is entering the garage through the crack.

Whats the best way to seal this - its quite a long crack too. The inside of the crack is visible from the bare concrete, whereas the outside has spar type pebble dash effect on it.

I would have thought it was better to seal from the outside but I cant hink what to use. I've tried concrete floor sealer thinking it might do the trick but it didn't - water kept getting through.

Sponsored Links
I didn't think you used cement on its own - I thought it's always mixed with sand to create mortar or used with concrete?

Sponsored Links
There's two type, one without sand and one with sand. You can use a soft wash sand to add if needed although you don't need to.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back