wayrock chip board instalation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to fit a new floor i have bare joists now on 400mm centres. the rooms are upstairs and are a bathroom and kitchen. what thickness wayrock do i need to use. Does it need to glued together. any advice tips please

Sponsored Links
what thickness wayrock do i need to use.
First mistake is don’t use chip flooring, its total crap but an absolute minimum would be 18mm but for a little extra you can get a "proper" floor. I wouldn’t go anywhere near chip, especially for a bathroom or kitchen & if you tile, it will most likely end in disaster!
Does it need to glued together.
Some do, some don’t but it won’t make an awful mot of dereference; the end result is it will still be a crap floor!
any advice tips please
Use a better flooring material; either T&G timber or, if your tiling that bathroom/kitchen, WBP ply. The thickness you need will depend on your floor joist/size/pitch between 18-25mm.

what thickness wayrock do i need to use.
First mistake is don’t use chip flooring, its total crap but an absolute minimum would be 18mm but for a little extra you can get a "proper" floor. I wouldn’t go anywhere near chip, especially for a bathroom or kitchen & if you tile, it will most likely end in disaster!
Does it need to glued together.
Some do, some don’t but it won’t make an awful mot of dereference; the end result is it will still be a crap floor!
any advice tips please
Use a better flooring material; either T&G timber or, if your tiling that bathroom/kitchen, WBP ply. The thickness you need will depend on your floor joist/size/pitch between 18-25mm.

Thanks will use WBP ply as i need to lay ceramic tiles.

Sponsored Links
Thanks will use WBP ply as i need to lay ceramic tiles.
As I said actual thickness you need when tiling depends on your joist configuration. You can generally get away with 18mm in light load/use rooms such as bath/shower rooms but in heavy load/use areas such as kitchens/halls etc, you should go up to 22mm or even 25mm if you want it to last.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back