WB Greenstar 8000

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I've had a WB 8000 35kw boiler installed today and was searching through some websites which talked about range rating your boiler and/or turning down the flow temperature to save on cost. I spoke to the engineer that installed it and he advised against rage rating saying that having 17 rads and a heatbank cylinder, its best to keep it at 35kw. Also, advised against turning down the flow temperature as he stated the boiler is very efficient as it is.

Would anyone have any advice on whether its worth doing either or both of the above. My cylinder is not storage, so no need for legionnaires protection as warms the mains incoming fresh water using the heated stored water via a plate heat exchanger.

Any advice will be gratefully received.

Many thanks,

Gem

Sponsored Links
Surely would have been better to have an appropriately sized boiler fitted in the first place? In fact, not only would it have been better, since June last year it has been a requirement of Building Regulations to carry out a full heat loss survey prior to replacing a boiler, and to then fit a boiler of an appropriate power output for the property. Fitting oversized boilers is no longer acceptable. Were you provided with a copy of the heat loss report?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back