WC bowl emptying problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm having a problem with a loo where by although it appears to flush fine (maximum water in cistern) give it 30 minutes or so and urine will start to re-appear in the bowl as it somehow comes back into the loo..... Presumably it's not leaving the loo completely in the first place for this to happen but any ideas as to how to resolve it? Or is it a new loo (which this one is anyhow, albeit cheap)?

Richard

Sponsored Links
The plumbers work is all in vain

The phantom piddler strikes again!!!

A toilet pan doesnt store urine and drop it back in the bowl when you are not looking so renewing that would not be the answer.

It's more likely a problem with your drains either being blocked, partially blocked, backing up or a branch fitted upside down and the toilet being contaminated when effluent comes from higher up in the soil stack,

A main suspect at the moment is :-
If the pipe leading to the soil stack runs 'uphill' that could hold water which would run back into the pan something like what you describe.

The Phantom ****ing Plumber from East Grinstead...has fled the country...and is ****ing in your cistern... :eek: Look for the news link on this site.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that - you've given me some ideas of where to look. The exit pipe from the loo comes out, makes a quick left to then almost immediately connect to a vertical drop of c. 20cm or so. The problem has to be in this section of pipework prior to the drop / in the level of the loo relevant to this pipework.

Thanks....I'll investigate.

Richard

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back