WC flushing valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm replacing a flushing valve in the cistern of my upstairs bathroom WC, because it is filling extremely slowly. This house has an indirect cold water supply system (storage cistern in loft), which I assume feeds this WC.

The current valve is a Fluidmaster 400, so I was going to replace like with like. I just checked the Fluidmaster website, and the installation instructions state that the minimum operating pressure is 100 kPa, which I think is equivalent to 1 bar which is equivalent to a 10 m head of water.

There are only probably a few metres between the water outlet in my storage cistern and the WC inlet (i.e. probably less than 0.5 bar), so I am wondering if the Fluidmaster 400 is even appropriate for this application.

Does anyone have any experience of these valves? Are they appropriate for use in houses with an indirect water supply?

Thanks,

Tom

Sponsored Links
i've used them on tank fed and never been a problem.
you sure its not sticking and not opening fully.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back