WC, S-Trap, P-Trap & Roughing-In

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm at the moment ripping out the old cloakroom suite downstairs and replacing it. I'm searching for a new suite and have come a cross terms I'm not familiar with. Also th wate pipe goes through the ground.

So in this context on Specs for WC Pans wold does the following mean

What is a p-trap and a s-trap?
p-Trap & s-Trap roughing-in, what does this tell me?

Also because my waste pipe is quite far forward from the back wall, I'm having trouble finding a Close coupled WC which will fit without it coming half way down the room.

Sponsored Links
Thanks I'll take a look.

Regarding my question about the p-trap, s-trap roughing-in distance, what does this mean?

Pand S traps are obsolete ...they are all Horizontal Outlet now and you get the outlet direction with Multikwick fittings ;) S was into floor P was into wall OR L/R.....roughing in is US for carcassing ........ie. getting pipes in the right place thru floors/walls etc. before something is "second fixed" to the pipes

Sponsored Links
roughing in is US for carcassing ........ie. getting pipes in the right place thru floors/walls etc. before something is "second fixed" to the pipes

Cheers Nige, I have learned something new today

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back