wc trouble

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi,

wondering if anyone can help please,

I have a wc with a hidden cistern, when this is flushed with nothing in the bowl it works perfectly but it will not flush solids including toilet paper. as i say the water empties as per usual.

I have removed the bowl and am positive that there is no blockage there or in the waste pipe work, the pipe has a good fall on it and all correct sizes and connections.

any ideas would be appreciated

thanks for your time

Sponsored Links
if you can get to the cistern, check the water level. Most have a mark on them for about 6 litres. The water level can be adjusted on the ball cock, Usually a screw on the arm of the float

Sponsored Links
Did it ever flush properly? If it did then your problem is in the flow from the cistern to the bowl. Does it flush easily or do you have to pump the handle?

Over time the flap valve in the syphon can break up. This makes flushing progressively more difficult AND the bits might lodge in the outlet pipe. Unfortunately the only way to find out is to remove the syphon from the cistern. You'll have to get access to the bottom of the cistern for this. Disconnect the outlet pipe and unscrew the large nut to remove the syphon. You'll have to disconnect the linkage from the handle too.

Empty the cistern first. Flushing alone will leave a substantial amount of water ready to pour out onto the floor! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back