WC Waste

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My current WC has a right angled waste pipe exiting directly from the back. I'm replacing it with a more modern design whose waste is inset about 20cm. Consequently I need to connect the WC to a standard straight connector and then to a right-angle.

Can I simply joint two WC connectors together or are there specific right angles that accept the rubber finned end of the outlet and have themselves a finned connection for the waste pipe?

Sponsored Links
Use a Multiquik fitting. Your local plumbers merchant will show you how they fit :)

Sorry, having a bit of difficulty understanding quite what you're saying.

Are you saying your old toilet waste pipe pointed straight down into the soil pipe (this is an S trap), and your new one points horizontally out of the back of the toilet (this is a P trap).

Or is it the other way around?

Or is it that your new toilet would fit if you just pushed it back a bit further?

No!

Both wastes are at 90 degrees horizontal to the toilet. The problem is that the new toilet outlet is quite deep in the toilet - deeper than a standard 90 degree bend, so I will need to extend it to reach. Hence I need to connect a straight connector to a 90 degree connector which then connects to the waste pipe. I just wanted to check that this was a good idea.

Sponsored Links
You can fit two pan connectors together but you need to remove the finned rubber coupling from the first one. In your case you will have the straight connector(without the finned rubber coupling) on the pan outlet inserted into the 90° pan connector.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back