Help - WC waste pipe into soil pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I would like to know if I can put my 110m WC waste pipe into the connector show on the pic.
I am assuming I can take off the plastic cover bit and insert the waste pipe. Is this OK?

Also can the waste pipe enter the connector at a slight angle rather than straight? The reason I am asking this is that I need to clip the WC pipe to the wall and I am not sure the distance will be right to accomodate the wall clips if the pipe has to enter the connecto5r straight,.

thanks

SOILPIPE.jpg

Sponsored Links
Looks like an access cap into a 'Timesaver' cast iron fitting. Short answer is no, removing the cap will not allow you to insert a 110mm pipe. Only solution would be to remove cap entirely, and fit the 110mm pipe in its place. (Hopefully it'll seal.) Other alternative is to fit a McAlpine DC-1 or similar into the CI fitting and take the 110mm from that.

If it does seal though, I would suspect that trying to fit the 110mm pipe at any angle other than straight will result in it leaking..... Either option may need use of 2x45deg bends though to give sufficient distance from the wall to allowed the pipe to be clipped.

Looks like an access cap into a 'Timesaver' cast iron fitting. Short answer is no, removing the cap will not allow you to insert a 110mm pipe. Only solution would be to remove cap entirely, and fit the 110mm pipe in its place. (Hopefully it'll seal.) Other alternative is to fit a McAlpine DC-1 or similar into the CI fitting and take the 110mm from that.

If it does seal though, I would suspect that trying to fit the 110mm pipe at any angle other than straight will result in it leaking..... Either option may need use of 2x45deg bends though to give sufficient distance from the wall to allowed the pipe to be clipped.

Thanks for the replies.
When you talk about the "cap" do you mean the plastic thing or also the cast iron T bit?

thanks

Sponsored Links

Thanks for the replies.
When you talk about the "cap" do you mean the plastic thing or also the cast iron T bit?

thanks

The cap is the plastic fitting. Need to slacken the bolts on the iron fitting and it should just pull out. Might be a good omen that the plastic fitting seems to have sealed ok in the iron socket, may get away with fitting another piece of 110mm plastic into the same socket and no leaks!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back