WD420 nothing happening

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
My Hotpoint WD420 has stopped working. All normal when turning on then select program (any), shut door and selected program lamp comes on (ie drying wash etc). Nothing happens at all then after 2 - 3 mins the door locked lamp flashes. Door interlock replaced for new.

Many thanks for any assistance.

Sponsored Links
when you select wash what happens does the lock light go out and does not fill if so check motor brushes .

when you select wash what happens does the lock light go out and does not fill if so check motor brushes .
Yep, that's exactly what happens. Door locked lamp does not come on but wash lamp does. After 2 to 3 min the door locked lamp flashes.

check motor brushes they are worn .

Sponsored Links
Brushes 'appear' ok visually, good length left. Can these fail anyway or would you exect them to be well worn down?

shut the door and hold the start button for 6 secounds does all the lights come on then go off .door lock should click then if lock light goes out then you should have about 3 cm of brush left .

OH NO!
Don't supose you have a connection diagram for the pcb, my map I drew has been binned by over zealous missus!!! Most connections I remember (but there is one I am uncertain of) and don't want to risk putting it all back together!

what wire is it ,give me the colour of the wire .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back