We choose the moon

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
On the 16th to celebrate the 40th anniversary of the Apollo 11 mission to the moon a website is attempting to recreate the whole mission from launch to landing its up now with the Saturn 5 rocket on the launchpad waiting for takeoff, it looks well presented and might be a trip down memory lane for those around at the time or a chance for those that missed it first time round to experience what all the fuss was about.

Click here to visit the site

Sponsored Links
au contraire, I think the controls on that site are awful. the texts disappears when viewing photos.

Im sorry you are having problems with the site, I havnt personally seen anything wrong with it so far, maybe your browser?

Sponsored Links
as I see it, its meant to be "live" so we all have to sit around for 62 hours?

what if im at work "AGAIN" when it launches? :rolleyes:

Let me advance it myself???

I think some are missing the point, its a real time simulation, the launch will be in the early morning (approx 3am i believe)as was then, if at work can you not access the internet?

after the real time simulation ie after landing on the 20th it will be accessible at your leisure.

this information is available if you look around for it.

if at work can you not access the internet?
a builder working on a site.
an electrician first fixing.
a roofer outside all day.
a chef in a kitchen.
a lorry driver.

In other words, no I cant, and neither can many people. ;)

Will the conspriacy theorist be marking this anniversary as well I wonder?

Absolutely fantastic site, thanks tim, can never get tired of apollo stuff. Someone has put a lot of effort into this and it deserves some respect. We all take for granted the spin off's from the space race. It's true that necessity is the mother of all invention...

Sponsored Links
Back