Weird Manhole Cover

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've not long bought a house and the manhole cover in the front garden is cracked. Its a bit of a perculiar size, slightly off being 600x450. Looks like its in inches. I've tried looking for the manufacturer which is convieniently stamped on the front. However I cant find any record of anything on the net.

Is this common? anyone know of this manufacturer? and anyone got any ideas?

Many thanks in advance

Dom

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
manhole cover in the front garden is cracked. Its a bit of a perculiar size, slightly off being 600x450.

What the heck is peculiar about a m/h cover size 600mm x 450mm???? :confused:

Incidentally, that cracked cast iron fella is probably stronger than an in-tact modern (domestic) equivalent.

i meant the size of the manhole cover is just off being 600 x 450, not the size of 600 x 450 is off.

Its strong but i'd still rather have 1 uncracked as i know some knobs gonna come round, jump on it till it breaks and then blame and claim. Nice society we live in.

thanks

Dom

one just like that outside where i'm working.
Surprised some *****'s not had away with it. :)

So that in mind, scrappers?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back