weird plumbing ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys - my neighbour told me to have a look at a leaking toilet cistern outside toilet..old type...any way , had a look...old lead pipe coming up from the ground , feeding the cistern...however before it feeds the cistern, it is teed off through the wall....and goes into next doors property....looks like there is a leak as it goes into the wall as i can see water dripping down the wall from where it enters the hole....all pipework is lead...tried to turn it off from the stopcock under the sink....but water still flows into the toiliet....looks like to turn off the water , have to turn off main stop on the pavement...any ideas as what to do...wont be using the outside loo.....so i thought id cut the lead pipe and flatten it...for the time being..

Sponsored Links
You make me wonder in what capacity you are looking at this situation.

Also why you are apparently planning to cut off the water supply to their next door without knowing what it supplies. It may be their only water supply.

Have you become qualified under the Water Regulations to work on water supplies ?

Tony

What Goofy is describing is a common supply, I take it these properties are terraced.

Advize caution.

If you just flatten the lead pipe then youre not actually breaking any laws. Break the pipe and the Plumbum Police will be after you :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
hi guys....im not a qualified plumber, i was just thinking of doing that...anyway...the pipe doesnt seem to lead anywhere...the house next door is empty....the pipe doesnt seem to lead anywhere...and its a terraced house..looks like at some time this lead pipe had been decommisioned next door, probably cut it off on there side and have done the same as i was thinking of flattening it...over time has probably started to leak and drip back down into my neighbours wall...i suppose in the old days they shared the water i suppose...

Aye, in t`hold days they shared t` coals too. If one family went fer "early Night" T`next doors would nip round and pinch embers from grate ,while old man were upstairs trying to make his member great :eek: Aye those were great days...an` tha` could leave thy door open allus.

It may well be that this pipe is actually supplying the house you are working in - so beware!

Aye, in t`hold days they shared t` coals too. If one family went fer "early Night" T`next doors would nip round and pinch embers from grate ,while old man were upstairs trying to make his member great :eek: Aye those were great days...an` tha` could leave thy door open allus.

Haha

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back