Well done J&S!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This is a testomonial for Johnson & Starley, we fitted a 130Kw State Water heater this week, went to commission it on tuesday, but due to a fault on the PCB, it blew the Glowcoil to kingdom come!! quick call to J&S Service saw their engineer on site within 48Hrs, and heater repaired and working very quickly - so for customer care it seems they can't be beaten!!? ;)

Sponsored Links
You would expect good service From a manfacturer that's just supplied you a unit that's dead on fit,as most companys would be going mad.

Try getting a factory engineer out to a Keston all they do is post you parts :rolleyes: which you have to go back and fit for them for no reward thats why i was impressed by J&S! ;)

No I agree it's a good show by j&s,been to the factory and quite impressed.

Anyone fitting a keston deserves problems.

Sponsored Links
I'll agree with that unfortunately we had to fit a C40 on this occasion, broke down B4 we had even finished commissioning!!

if your in nottingham you must be a Hoval fan? :LOL:

Hoval are 20mins from us,very good kit IMO just so helps orange is my favourite colour.

Some of the lads we drink with are part of hovals preffered buisness partners for commisioning and design,they mainly did coal,steam and biomas but think they do the gas stuff now as well.

Hoval is good kit hate the Topgas though wev'e had loads of problems with em - The Blown Gas Boilers and Ultragas are our favourites, I did work for a Hoval agent years ago in the days of the TKS and TKD models (still a few around!!) :LOL:

Alway's found J&S a very good & decent company to deal with !!!

I would wonder why it took them 48 hours.

Most of my customers would have called someone else if I took anything like as long as that.

They expect me to be there the same day at this time of year if they call in the morning!

Tony

....on site within 48Hrs

IMHO I think that's appalling.

Minimum I'd expect is the parts couriered by 10am next day and them to pay me to fit them if they can't attend next day.

I suspect that had he asked J&S for this it would have occured , I have had prob's with some of there product's , part's arive next day , but as I alway's stock most part's we generally have it fixed , & state that it is not urgent ! If a manu is decent with me I will be decent with them !!
Biasi U.K on the other hand do not deal with intermittent fault's on there appliance's during guarantee , aparently you tell the customer to contact them directly when the fault become's permanent !!

Baxi are probably one of the best, phone by 4pm and they are there the next day.
If your registered with them

The reason it took them 48Hrs was down to the fact that they were very busy, and as this heater was replacing one that had been out of order for at least 3 months, I did tell them it wasn't urgent!! ;)

Very busy.
Now that would not fill me with confidence as it means there appliances are breaking down at a rate more than they can cope with

I've had Viessmann out twice, both times they came out the same day. That is unbeatable!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back