Well done Lewis

• Thread starter Soggy_weetabix
  • Start date
Ha! My chance for revenge Bahco :LOL:

Read the FAQ http://www.newsonf1.com/f1regs/
36_1_11.gif

Sponsored Links
Well done Lewis. First race that I've watched all season and it was well worth it, if only to see the Ferrari lot's abrupt mood change :). Timo Glock must be in for a hefty bunch of wonga from McLaren for that last lap, though...!

At least there won't be any adverts from next season, which has to be an improvement. Now, if they could just get rid of fuel stops and bring back manual gears, it might almost be worth watching the whole season again. And stop giving so much airtime to Lewis's dad as well - that's all a bit spooky.

All of which is not to detract from Lewis's achievements. He is a phenomenal talent and, clearly, this championship is not going to be his last.

Fastest laps = winning races :LOL:

Räikkönen won!

DHL Fastest Lap Award - 2008 Results Winner:
Kimi Räikkönen (Ferrari)

10 Fastest Laps

Grand Prix Driver Team Time
Australian Heikki Kovalainen McLaren-Mercedes 1:27.418
Malaysian Nick Heidfeld BMW Sauber 1:35.366
Bahrain Heikki Kovalainen McLaren-Mercedes 1:33.193
Spanish Kimi Räikkönen Ferrari 1:21.670
Turkish Kimi Räikkönen Ferrari 1:26.506
Monaco Kimi Räikkönen Ferrari 1:16.689
Canadian Kimi Räikkönen Ferrari 1:17.387
French Kimi Räikkönen Ferrari 1:16.630
British Kimi Räikkönen Ferrari 1:32.150
German Nick Heidfeld BMW Sauber 1:15.987
Hungarian Kimi Räikkönen Ferrari 1:21.195
European Felipe Massa Ferrari 1:38.708
Belgian Kimi Räikkönen Ferrari 1:47.930
Italian Kimi Räikkönen Ferrari 1:28.047
Singapore Kimi Räikkönen Ferrari 1:45.599
Japanese Felipe Massa Ferrari 1:18.426
Chinese Lewis Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes 1:36.325
Brazilian Felipe Massa Ferrari 1:13.736

Every Formula One driver is fast, but is the race winner really the fastest? Since 2007 DHL has defined a new standard of speed with the 'DHL Fastest Lap Award'. One driver sets the fastest lap at each race - the award will go to the man who sets the most over the season.

Congratulations to Lewis - fantastic that the whole of the F1 season comes down to the last 10 seconds of the last race. After some seriously debateable punishments for Lewis over the last two seasons its great to see him overcome all of these and win the title. I hope he can go on to retain it next season and maybe, in time, win more than any other British Driver, maybe even more than anyone?

With the Olympic team, the Paralympic team, Andy Murray and now Lewis, its great to have some Biritsh success in sport for a change! Tough decision now between the Olympic heroes and Lewis for Sports Personality!!

Sponsored Links
While they're all undoubtedly good at what they do, what they most definitely are not are heroes....

bet you he or his dad would be back hear like a shot if they were skint and ill, if he has gone to Monaco then his a migrant,
he and all like him should return there british passports, and enjoy there new country fly there flag proudly , because thats were they want to live and kiss the old country goodbye, or is it they can still turn a proffit by pretending to be a brit, so call them by what they are AN EXPAT. NO TAX, and at 22 will have paid very little pro rata
:LOL: give me british superbikes anyday ;)

While they're all undoubtedly good at what they do, what they most definitely are not are heroes....

Maybe not hero , but certainly role model.
He doesnt smoke or drink , he is physically very fit, totally committed to his family and his profession and doesnt roll out of nightclubs at 3am and land in the gutter.

As a media personality I think he's as good as it gets.

As I said, Blondini, fastest LAPS equals winning races. NOT LAP. I don't think you can win a grand prix race if all of your laps were slow :rolleyes:

Maybe not hero , but certainly role model.
He doesnt smoke or drink , he is physically very fit, totally committed to his family and his profession and doesnt roll out of nightclubs at 3am and land in the gutter.

As a media personality I think he's as good as it gets.
Can't argue with any of that at all. The old man should stop trying to hog the limelight though.

the quick release steering wheel has to be popped back on after the driver exits....which it was, so not an issue

The high intensity light is allowed when on dry tyres as it also comes on in the pit lane to signify that the pit lane speed limiter has been applied......so again no issue there

Glocks last lap was quicker than his team mate who was also on the dry tyres and the only drivers still on the dry tyres......so dare i suggest no issue there either

The championship wasn't won on the last few bends in Brazil but over a full season of racing in which the FIA did all they could to prevent hamilton winning.......

All in all a very worthy champion

And a very sporting runner up

Big respect to both

Sponsored Links
Back