Well done Lewis

• Thread starter Soggy_weetabix
  • Start date
He is now a resident of Monaco I think for 6 months of the year. As is Jenson, and Coulthard.

And before we batter him for leaving, who wouldn't do the same in his position?

I'd be gone like the preverbial off the shovel !

Sponsored Links
Or, perhaps he did'nt put his steering wheel on properly???????

Yes, I noticed that as well. I was screaming at the TV when he started to walk away leaving the wheel sat on top of the car. Any excuse for the officials to knock him should be avoided!

Or, perhaps he did'nt put his steering wheel on properly???????

Yes, I noticed that as well. I was screaming at the TV when he started to walk away leaving the wheel sat on top of the car. Any excuse for the officials to knock him should be avoided!

Actually, he did walk away, but an official forcefully called him back and made him fit it, but it did'nt seem to be fitted properly to me.

To all you sad b******* criticising him for living in Monaco, you would all do exactly the same thing - but you will never be in that position - more tripe and onions anyone.

Sponsored Links
He is now a resident of Monaco I think for 6 months of the year. As is Jenson, and Coulthard.

And before we batter him for leaving, who wouldn't do the same in his position?

I'd be gone like the preverbial off the shovel !

Oh, and if he spends time avoiding tax in a pricipality why knock him.

I would, and why knock his dad? Seems like a decent father to me.

Dave (Sober rob884)

Didn't know he had left the country. How much tax does he owe ?.
Millions ?.

Left entirely for tax reasons he/Dad tried to say it was to maintain privicy but later admitted it was tax.

Lewis Hamilton will save more than £4million a year when he moves to his Swiss tax haven.

The F1 driver, who missed out on becoming World Champion by just one point, will earn an estimated £10million next season.

Lewis, 22, has rented a £3,000-a-month apartment next to Lake Geneva, claiming he is quitting the UK due to intrusions in his personal life.

But he will avoid the UK's 40 per cent tax - paying just £180,000 to the Swiss state of Vaud where foreigners pay five times their annual rent.

The sports star, who will be living just 25 miles away from former McLaren rival Fernando Alonso, said: "I love England and I'm happy to pay tax if I live there. Money isn't a decider - the quality of life is."

Lewis Hamilton’s dad Anthony has admitted the Formula One star’s switch to Switzerland was all about money.

There was a huge outcry when Britain’s latest sporting hero announced in October he was joining the tax exiles to avoid the attention he was getting in England after his stunning first season.

But, speaking after Lewis won the Laureus Breakthrough of the Year award, his father said the 23-year-old had to make the most of the new £45m contract he has signed.

“If I have any regrets,” said Hamilton Snr, “it is the way we managed the move to Switzerland. It was my idea. I always said that if he started to make any money he would have to move abroad.

“It could be a very short career and you have to take care of what you have got. He had been to Geneva and liked it, and it was me who suggested moving there. Somehow people just misinterpreted what was going on.”

Sports personality of the year anyone ?.

In the heat of the moment "I say YES", but don't forget our olympic champions especially our disabled swimming champ Eleanor Simmonds. Lewis can have it next year.

He left purely for financial reasons, however it was silly of him to pretend it was for any other reason. I would leave this country for a tenner and a Mars bar, so I certainly don't blame him for leaving with the money he has amassed. But that's another debate.

Well done Lewis, it was richly deserved
36_1_55.gif

Well done Lewis I say. I couldn't give a monkeys where the lad lives. Good luck to him. I'd do exactly the same. In fact I'd move all my family out too.... Mind you, the wife wouldn't leave her family here... Ah well, all the more reason to go!!! :D

I'd like to give a big shout out for Felipe Massa too. What a true sportsman. He said this following the race:
"He (Hamilton), scored more points than me, he deserves to win the title. I know how to win, I know how to lose. This is another day of my life that I'm going to learn a lot from."
The guy showed great humility in defeat (of the World Championship of course, not the race). Well done to you too Felipe.

The guy showed great humility in defeat (of the World Championship of course, not the race). Well done to you too Felipe.

Excellent point. Just a pity his countrymen were not so gracious. The booing was disgraceful

Slight hi jack but.................I never understood the Formula 1 racing. Is it just a case of whoever does the fastest laps or is it something else? :oops:

Sponsored Links
Back