Well done you lot...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just got back from a trip to Brum and its nice to see that you have sorted out the "dead wood" and its great to see lots of new names asking for advice and things seem back to "normal" again, Well done everyone ;) I also think that photos should be kept in peoples own personal albums so they dont have to be looked at if people dont want to...

Sponsored Links
Yep,,, it's a pity it happened in the first place Roy, but we're all much wiser on here now, and if we see it happening again, we'll nip it in the bud. It should never have been allowed to go on for as long as it did. :mad:
As regards to the photo's, i'vs been looking at your albums, and there's some great stuff in there Roy. Anybody wanting to know how to float coat a wall using dots, (or dabs as you call them), would be very interested in the pics you've put up,,,, plus all the other interesting subject/pics,,, as they say, a picture/s can say more than a thousand words. Hope you all enjoyed the trip to Brum mucka. ;)

Agreed Roy,

Although I don't think the odd pic from someone looking for help is any harm, the reams of pointless photos were getting tiresome.

It took a lot of willpower not to keep commenting publicly on the standard, although I may have shared a comment with a friend or two privately:cool:

Yep,,, it's a pity it happened in the first place Roy, but we're all much wiser on here now, and if we see it happening again, we'll nip it in the bud. It should never have been allowed to go on for as long as it did. :mad:
As regards to the photo's, i'vs been looking at your albums, and there's some great stuff in there Roy. Anybody wanting to know how to float coat a wall using dots, (or dabs as you call them), would be very interested in the pics you've put up,,,, plus all the other interesting subject/pics,,, as they say, a picture/s can say more than a thousand words. Hope you all enjoyed the trip to Brum mucka. ;)

Thanks for that RC I was in Brum on my own to see my sisters and visit my brothers and parents grave (a yearly vigil) but while I was there I helped my mate out with a bit of work on his own house, but am glad to be back home again. ;)

Sponsored Links
Agreed Roy,

Although I don't think the odd pic from someone looking for help is any harm, the reams of pointless photos were getting tiresome.

It took a lot of willpower not to keep commenting publicly on the standard, although I may have shared a comment with a friend or two privately:cool:

I think we all thought the same thing micilin and I think we all knew it had to come to a head sooner or later. It would of been a shame if the "few" had spoiled it for the "many". So it's "buisness " as usual again ;)

Over the past couple of months John.
A couple of newish members were being abusive and getting worse.
They seem to have gone now, either barred or or shamed off by the more decent minded members of the forum.

I knew the plastering forum had an unsavoury taste to it of late, I'm wondering when it all vanished?!?

I suspect it may have, it's in the site owners best interests to keep members such as RichardC on board, what with his vast amount of knowledge in tiling and plastering he certainly is an asset to the forum, and glad he decided to stay.

Hopefully the plastering forum will become chirpy and happy again with the odd bit of banter and the odd joke without all the online tendering and abusive/threatening posts and pictures of a dogs arse. I must admit that one person who appears to have vanished was capable of offering good advice although the way he was presenting himself left alot to be desired, infact I told him about his presentation skills on a post a little while back and he removed his remarks, sadly this did not change his posting patterns.

Onwards and upwards!!

Agree with all the above, this is a good little forum which gives good advice, unlike others out there.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back