Well Done........

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
To the girls at Premier Inn North Chesterfield! (The Lock Keeper)
Instead of moaning about customer service I would like to praise all the girls at the above establishment. I tried to book in there last Monday and was greeted with the news that neither the branch where I work or the branch in Chesterfield had bothered to reserve my stay. Each thought the other was dealing with it. (Typical communication breakdown. )
The girls who work there, (Athena, Rosie, Jeanette, Linda and Rose), were absolutely first class in their conduct and went far and above the call of duty to sort out my problem. They contacted the relevant people, arranged for me to stay there for one night but due to a full booking on Tuesday arranged alternative accommodation at one of their Sheffield branches, and then when they had a cancellation at the Lock Keeper immediately booked me in for the rest of the week and arranged all the paperwork with my company.
Today I arrived to sign in after working 11 hours only to find a similar fate awaited me. Once again these girls started the ball rolling and eventually, (only due to my company not responding quickly), they once again sorted everything out in a pleasant, friendly and very pleasant manner. Whilst trying to sort out my problem they were also dealing with incoming guests including a group of over 40 senior citizen ladies who were quite demanding in their attitude to be honest. These girls at Premier kept their calm, smiled pleasantly and eventually pacified all these guests who, it turns out, were responsible for the mix up in the first place but were blaming Premier and any one else they could think of!!
So for a change I would like to raise a glass to the girls at The Lock Keeper and say,
THANK YOU!
For the fantastic service you provided in my hour of need. Well Done to all of you. :D

Sponsored Links
It's good to hear that they were prepared to resolve their cock up!
Just out of interest how far above the call of duty did Athena, Rosie, Jeanette, Linda and Rose go?
No wonder you needed a day off in Sheffield!

PBoD, it was my firms cock up not Premier Inns. These Ladies went out of their way to sort it out for me. Due to a cancellation I didn't need to go to Sheffield.
And I'll have you know they are all lovely, respectable ladies. :(

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

PBoD, it was my firms cock up not Premier Inns. These Ladies went out of their way to sort it out for me. Due to a cancellation I didn't need to go to Sheffield.
And I'll have you know they are all lovely, respectable ladies. :(

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
In that in case, on all accounts other than one ;) well done girls!

Sponsored Links
Last company I worked for, Me and a mate were shopfitting all over the country and on a Monday, had to fit some units at Telford, before going down to Luton for the next units to be done on the Tuesday. Due to a communication breakdown, the 7.5 tonner I was driving had been locked in the company yard over the weekend (fully loaded for a week on the road) Instead of setting off for Telford at 4:30 am on the Monday we didn't set off until 7:00am (putting us well behind. As a result we didn't get to the Premier Inn at Luton until almost 11:00pm that evening. Our company had phoned them to advise of our late arrival and enquired when last orders for meals in the restaurant were. They were told 10:00pm was the latest they could take orders.
However when we arrived at Luton, the receptionist had said two meals had been prepared and if we went straight to the restaurant we would get served. Got Steak and Chips too. So full marks to Premier Inns from me as well.
That week we also had to go to Basildon and had to stay in the Travel Lodge. (no hot meals available at any time) :cry: :cry: :cry:

Last company I worked for, Me and a mate were shopfitting all over the country and on a Monday, had to fit some units at Telford, before going down to Luton for the next units to be done on the Tuesday. Due to a communication breakdown, the 7.5 tonner I was driving had been locked in the company yard over the weekend (fully loaded for a week on the road) Instead of setting off for Telford at 4:30 am on the Monday we didn't set off until 7:00am (putting us well behind. As a result we didn't get to the Premier Inn at Luton until almost 11:00pm that evening. Our company had phoned them to advise of our late arrival and enquired when last orders for meals in the restaurant were. They were told 10:00pm was the latest they could take orders.
However when we arrived at Luton, the receptionist had said two meals had been prepared and if we went straight to the restaurant we would get served. Got Steak and Chips too. So full marks to Premier Inns from me as well.
That week we also had to go to Basildon and had to stay in the Travel Lodge. (no hot meals available at any time) :cry: :cry: :cry:
Have never stayed in a Travel Lodge but over the past week have heard nothing but horror stories about them. Rooms double booked, beds not changed from last guests, no night staff for late arrivals/workers running late on the job, kitchen staff reporting in sick the list seems endless. None of the guys in this branch will stay there.

Have never stayed in a Travel Lodge but over the past week have heard nothing but horror stories about them. Rooms double booked, beds not changed from last guests, no night staff for late arrivals/workers running late on the job, kitchen staff reporting in sick the list seems endless. None of the guys in this branch will stay there.

Neither will i.
Dreadful places.

Regarding Premier Inns. I agree, they do certainly seem to have lifted their game in the hotels. always find them very helpful.
Sadly, i can't say the same for their booking desk/call centre system. Absolutely effing useless.

Sponsored Links
Back