Western Power Distribution

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
http://www.westernpower.co.uk/default.asp?categoryID=79

...We typically require 10 working days notice to de-energise or re-energise a supply and we make a charge of £18 (plus VAT) for each visit (Monday to Friday 08:00 to 18:30). We can arrange to do this work outside of these hours, but higher charges will apply...

..If the supply is rated at 100 amperes or less and is connected at low voltage (less than 1000 V) we can often install a double pole isolation switch between the metering and customer's installation which allows the electrical installer to re-energise the supply once their work is complete. Our standard charge for de-energising a supply and installing a double pole isolation switch is £24 (plus VAT). This charge is increased to £34 (plus VAT) where a 4-pole isolation switch is required (eg where off-peak heating is installed)...

More..
http://www.westernpower.co.uk/default.asp?categoryID=80
;)

Sponsored Links
Some of the others are a lot less helpful.

That's the best suppliers web site I've ever seen, you can even change the font size :LOL:

Has anyone put their spin to the test?

Sponsored Links
They are my DNO, and are very helpful, and we very often incur no charges for PME/meter tail connect to meter etc. They do make charges, but also ommit a fair few!

It's a pity the same can't be said for most of the others.

It also makes a nice change to hear that a company lives up to it's sales blurb.

£18.00 for de/re-energise???

UU do it FOC.....But they don't fit iso's, even for a fee....

securespark said:
£18.00 for de/re-energise???

EME (now Central Networks, I believe) used to charge £27 = Vat for a seal snip and £35 + Vat to reseal... but they would attend and fit an isolator for free! :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back