wet halsted boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My boiler is on the blink. It had been running continuously for around 4 days but stopped today.

It fires up OK then stops running almost immediately or after a minute or two. I've had a look inside and there is water behind the sensor in the combustion chamber - it is seeping out v. slowly.

Would I be right in thinking the condensate pipe may be frozen if there is water stuck in the boiler? It's a narrow plastic job running outside the house - looks like it is probably below spec having read around this forum. Just blast it with a hairdrier tomorrow morning and see what happens or should I call someone out first?

Any advice appreciated. TIA

Sponsored Links
Hairdryer, or pour kettle onto plastic pipe, (only on outdoor section!). That should eventually work. Did one today, but I cut the plastic overflow pipe and rejoined it so as to get the ice plug out quickly. Will re-pipe with 1.25" next week.

Hairdryer, or pour kettle onto plastic pipe, (only on outdoor section!). That should eventually work. Did one today, but I cut the plastic overflow pipe and rejoined it so as to get the ice plug out quickly. Will re-pipe with 1.25" next week.

Yup, 10mins with a hairdryer and it's been working fine since :) Thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back