Wet Room - How to do the floor?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I am building a wetroom 1700mm x 1800mm
Please can you let me know how to do the floor and with what materials, as far as I can tell the Damp Proofing has already been done (anyway I can tell for sure)
The below image shows the layout of the room and the drain, the wetroom floor is 1.5" below the level of the rest of the floor as the rest of the floor has been raised a little bit for underfloor heating.

Please can you let me know how to do the floor and with what materials, so that I and future people searching this site know how to go abouts doing it, I will update how I got on for future readers.

Sponsored Links
You create the fall with a cement screed. You will take up to 3 inches of height with the screed. If minimum depth is below about 40mm, and for extra waterproofing, use an SBR mix. Put in battens to create the required fall and scrape off the mix level with the top of the battens, remove battens and fill in gap. Then tile. Care to get the drain at the correct height with the tiles. If there is an area of wetroom higher than others, build a little tiled "wall" somehow to contain the water in the "wet" area.
Underfloor heating is good, will stop the wetroom staying a muddy puddle all day !
Simon.

Sponsored Links
The rest of the floor is about 30mm higher than the wet room, should the slope start from the existing screed concrete level as the rest of the house?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back