Wet Room

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

Continuing from This thread

After advise on shower screen I have decided on the wet room route.

The floor is a chipboard tongue and groove upstairs in a converted bungalow done at least 10 years ago. There is some old tile adhesive on the floor
There is some movement when you walk on the floor but isn't excessive.

I plan to fit a pre made tray kit

This one (as in red on the picture)

The tiles in the picture will be coming off and I will be building a false wall (marked in Blue) to hide all the pipe work and covering with maybe this

I will be tiling the bathroom with limestone tiles on the floor and walls.

Should I cover the whole floor in the backer boards also?, If not then what do you suggest.

I am after a good but reasonably priced solution.

IMG_18262_zps75f30326.jpg

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
first question...

whats the joists spacing/spans and width/depth are they?

i think you really need to really do your home work on wetrooms as there not just slap it all up and its done there's a lot of work in a wet room have you found all your first fix second fix gear what tanking gear are you planning to use?? its a job in its self just prepping for this type of job letalone doing it then tiling it right

Sponsored Links
After doing some research I have 20mm boards for the false wall and 6mm boards to cover the whole floor. I have a tanking kit to cover the joints and a wet room drainage tray.

I plan to cut out the floor for the tray and build a frame to sit the tray on. This will be level with the floor laid with the 6mm boards.

Does this sound OK so far?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back