Wet ufh in whole bunaglow

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've renovated a bungalow, and built a side extension.
The original floor had parquet floor which we removed and had concrete underneath. The extension is being built with block and slab then will be insulated with cellotex.

Question is should I be installing a overlay system throughout including over the new extension to keep it all the same?

Sponsored Links
without insulation underneath it will be expensive to heat the older part of the house with UFH.

without insulation underneath it will be expensive to heat the older part of the house with UFH.
When I went looking for a new house, unless there was some documentation to show insulation had been fitted under the heating, as soon as we saw UFH we dismissed it.

It is a hard selection, UFH is well suited for an old peoples home, where we want an even temperature day and night, and want no radiators that they can burn themselves on. And it will allow the use of a heat pump. However most people leave the house during the day, and also want it cooler overnight when sleeping, so the big question is the recovery time. How long will it take to go from the Eco setting of say 16ºC to comfort setting of 20ºC when you get home?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back