Wet weather blocklaying

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Working on a job with a deadline and we are forcast for rain for the next week. We have another 300 8'' blocks to go down. Does anyone have any advice for wet weather blocklaying? apart from wear a raincoat

Sponsored Links
Unless they're forecasting monsoons or you're working in a trench I wouldn't expect it to be a problem. Put some old scaffolding boards over the wall overnight if the rain's so heavy you're worried about the mortar being washed out.
Laying these things in a heatwave is a much bigger headache.

(Mind you, I've just seen where you're based & I can't speak for NZ weather, but I know it can be pretty ferocious)

Rain is a probelm as it keeps the wall wet, washes out the joints and causes the lower joints to ooze due to the weight - leaving a unstable wall as you try to build higher.

You have to lay a few course quick and then cover them

Having said that, its hardly going to rain for a whole week non-stop is it? You may have to work late or start early, and through your dinner break

Cheers boys,
We smashed the wall out in the wet and chucked some planks over top. Luckily it was only 2 courses high. This is my first attempt at my own buisness and I appreciate the help.
Cheers
Rich

Sponsored Links
New Zealand eh? Don't they call that place "The land of the long white cloud?" :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back