Wetroom drainage layout with central gully

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I am planning on turning a ground floor toilet into a wet room with central gully. It will be used ocassionaly in addition to the main bathroom but also to wash feet and as a drying room. Room is approximately 1.5 by 1.2m
Original toilet mid 1970s was cemented to teh floor discharging into clay pipes straight into the nearby chamber, which is about 700 mm below ground level, so falls within the BRs for not needing a vent stack.
I dug the clay and the concrete with intention to rebuild the floor with insulation but no UFH.
My plan is to drop ground level, teh material underneath is quite good aggregate mix of sand and stone. Probably overlay with another 50mm of type one, well compacted, sand blinding, DPM, 100mm insulation, DPM, 100 mm concrete slab, 70ish mm screed with falls to be tankes and tiled.
I am planning to use the McAlpine TSG2-T150SS trapped floor gully, 75mm water seal.
Heres my question, I drew Option one and Option two of the underground drainage.
Is Option 1 viable, I think not as it lacks roddability for the washbasin branch. Toilet branch can be rodded fromthe outside chamber and the gully branch can be rodded once the internals are taken out.
Is it better to use option 2 (not absolutely accurate dreawing but shows the intent) to discharge the washbasin in one of the pan connectors that comes with a boss? Similar to: Bossed Pan Connector
Or is it something else?
layout.png
optoon1.png
optoon2.png

Sponsored Links
Keep it simple, basin waste into pan connector. Assuming WC run can be accessed from chamber, and given short length of run, I think you'll be very quickly aware if there is an issue underground, which is unlikely to give enough time for anything to go seriously wrong with the floor drain connection.

As above but I would recommend the mcalpine
FGT150-110 floor gullet
Full 110mm bore no water trap very easy to fit
We have installed a fair number in commercial kitchens with zero problems.

Thanks @Exedon.
Is there a flange on this to dress the tanking membrane onto? Not very clear from the mcalpine drawing. How did you executed that detail on your projects?

Sponsored Links
So far so good. Decided to turn the y joint so floor gully enters from top. Its going to be used not so often and thus gives the toilet run max unobstructed cross section.
IMG_20240527_192938.jpg
IMG_20240527_155608.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back