What are the clips that you put on Rad Brackets Called??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

We recently had a new system put in as we are refurbing our whole house. I recently took a few rads off to decorate and found that only some of them have the little white clips that you push onto the rad brackets where you hang it. What are these called and where can I buy them?

Also, we have a Vailliant combi boiler - how many rads can I have off at one time and still use the heating? I am just about to put the lounge and hall ones back on but want to remove the dining room and upstairs bedroom - can I run it still as the wife is getting chilly!!!!

One last question, can anyone give any tips on how to add the anti rust formula??

Many thanks!!!!

Sponsored Links
Absolutely no idea what the clips are called, but if you go into a plumbers' merchants you might be able to wangle some for nothing (they do vary between manufacturers though, they aren't quite universal). I doubt you'll find anywhere to buy them.

If the boiler's been installed correctly you should be able to have all the rads off and still run it.

Have you bought any yet? If not then there are a range on the market that you inject through an air bleed screw on a radiator using a standard silicone gun.

They are called Radiator anti vibration bracket support clips :evil:
But plumbers call em little plastic clip thingys.

Sponsored Links
Many thanks!!!!

I thought if I'd of gone into a merchants and said "can I have some of those little white rad bracket clip thingy me jiggys" they would have rolled around laughing - maybe not so I'll give it a try!!!!

Cheers all!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back