What are these holes in my concrete floor ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Just got round to taking photos of these holes in my floor to show you folks. They're located in various places in my house. It's a 1895 house that I've had refurbished. The floor is concrete throughout.

So what are these holes ?, are they for ventilation ? or part of some old damp investigation or course ?.

I'm having carpets put in soon and I'm worried what might happen if I cover them !!.

Sponsored Links
May have been an old rawlbolts fixing holes, I would say no real worry just fill it in again with a suitable filler, concrete floor don't have ventilation method

Measure the diameter of the holes, they may be part of an old black iron central heating system with old cast iron rads!

If someone put a new floor in and cast around the pipes, the pipes would later have been unscewed from a bend or tee underfloor leaving the hole you see. - Again just a guess!

Edit:
After further consideration I think the holes are too small, so I think that guess is doubtful!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back