What are you watching on TV right now?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Watching Air Crash investigations last night. Oh dear, talk about classic swiss cheese effect. For anyone interested this was the one about the Argentinian disaster Lapa airways where a 737 atempted to abort takeoff way too late beyond V1 and promptly shot through the end fence of the runway across a main road into a gas station which of course exploded, i think about 37 souls survived, both pilots killed.
What was shocking after it became evident it failed due to a simple oversight where the crew and hostess nattered away about crap during the pre fight checklist. They forget to even mention the flaps position check and then forget to extend flaps for takeoff. The warning light bulb for this missing config had failed. However as they taxi'd for takeoff an audbile alarm was clearly heard on flight recorder, even the co-pilot questioning 'what's it making that noise for?' they ignored it, they proceed to try and take off and of course the rest is history. Turns out the captain had a checkered history and the Airline was expanding rapid and short on captains so he slipped through the net!
But wow, how blase do you have to be on take off to ignore the planes alarms !!! How alarming.

One of these car fix up shows.

This bloke, amongst other cars, has owned 72 RS2000s over the years.....

Well, i wasn't watching Question of Sport - Although i haven't watched it so much since the 90s in the time of Ally McCoist.
Another show killed off by Paddy (the 'Most Bolton bloke in Britain') McGuiness. First Top Gear, now this. The man's a bloody menace!

TOTP Christmas 1977. Takes me back. Yessir, I can boogie, boogie boogie, all night long….

Nothing much on at the moment so I’ve got a crackling log fire on YouTube.

IMG_5855.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Back