what are your views on this diy install ?

OK Tony, Dave and CM (sorry dont know your first name)
THink we're all in agreeance with the corgi HSE issue.

If we as a profession stop doing these certs then and only then can things start to change. If landlords and joe puplic want to use these cheap unregistered installers (and I use loosly) then on ther heads be it.

Ps, what is your first name CM, If I may make so bold :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Your Boldness is extreme

I have never been presented with such sauce sir

its mat BTW

:)

Softus said:
Agile said:
...CORGI recommend that I do commission it to be sure its safe to use, better done than not!

I am in the lead of the anti illegal installers...
What a heap of b*llocks. If you're not part of the solution then you're part of the problem, and by completing an installation that a shoddy builder has started you're supporting the builder's belief that she can continue doing it.

Surely you can make the right decision without having CORGI decide for you? Especially as in this case they seem incapable of getting it right. :rolleyes:

Well typed once again softus :D
You do have an articulate way with the keys.

Sponsored Links
Softus said:
corgiman said:
its mat BTW
If you were a plumber in the army you could be called Soldier Mat.

Is that one of your fancy pants words for solder soft???

lmao

GOTCHA

and its made my day

little victories RULE

lmao

no but the wifes pet name for me is DOOR

EDIT

BUGGER just read your post again and alas and alac I didnt getcha

BALLS
lmao

corgiman said:
Your Boldness is extreme

I have never been presented with such sauce sir

its mat BTW

Good evening Mathew, a pleasure to make your cyber acquaintance ;)

:LOL:

corgiman said:
Is that one of your fancy pants words for solder soft?
Fancy pants?! :eek:

I'm going to have a word with my briefs and get you sued. :evil:

Hi Matthew, you say you "know me" but have we actually met?

Or did you come to the Papadam* with Chris some while ago?

Tony

*Now closed because Chris and DIA have not come for so long!

Agile said:
Hi Matthew, you say you "know me" !

I dont recall saying that Agile and If I did I am wrong cos other than here and a couple of other sites I dont know you from adam

I'm the person that asked for the gas to be connected to the new boiler. We do full house re-furbs and extensions , it is NOT a DIY project . The two plumbers we usually use , one is recovering from a serious illness , the other is in Spain for 2 weeks . The system we use is that the boiler is hung , thats it . The flue and all connections are still in the box . We put in all the rads and pipework for the water , but don't get involved with the gas .
Forgive me , but I thought that was the responsable thing to do , the plumbers then come and connect the gas from the supply all the way to the boiler , we pay they supply the paperwork , job done .
Because our regular chaps are unavailable I've asked this chap who comes highly recommended to rnu the gas to the new boiler . He tells me thats illigal , my plumber tells me thats a load of crap .
Not to worry I've since had contact from a few people who said it's the perfect job . In get paid and out in the morning .
Just to add this is one of my properties not a customers . there is nothing stopping me from doing it myself , but feel that isn't the correct way of going about it. cheers.

cbr900, while I fully understand where you are coming from, involving a third party (the gas engineer in this case) often ends in tears if boiler fails to work for some reason. Then it is a case of 'no, it has nothing to do with me' etc as no one wants lumbered with a problem.

Aforementioned task can only proceed successfully if all team members are a team, which clearly OP is not.

I myself would not complete a partial instal. Have done in past but have had fingers burnt. I do not even entertain people who want to supply their own material. On this front (again from experience) when the end user supplies "all" materials and appliances, one has to run around gettin "bit" that are not there or incorrect.

CBR900, as I have explained above those people are not acting correctly as far as CORGi are concerned.

They should fit the hanging bracket on the wall! If they dont do that then its illegal.

Please would you email me with their CORGi numbers and I will refer it to CORGI to ensure they dont do it again.

Whilst some CORGIs like Danny above will not take part in any part installs, there are still many who do, often partially illegally like those you have used in the past.

As long as its acceptable to CORGI then I am happy to do that work but no builder ever wants us to!

Every week we get a call or two asking us to "sign off" an installed boiler. We always tell them its illegal for any CORGI to do it. One Iranian fellow has been banned from CORGI for five years for that! He now instals boilers for someone else who IS registered!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back