Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hardie backer board

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

JP_

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
OK, so I was going to use HardieBacker board in new shower.
Went to B&Q, spoke to chap working there, he said, nah, green moisture plasterboard is all you need.
My plumber suggested that the best option is marine ply.
Spoke to a tiler yesterday, he said moisture plasterboard. I told him what plumber said, and also said I heard that aquapanel or hardiebacker was best, he said moisture plasterboard would be fine.

So, what is best? Time for a poll!

For my shower, 2 walls are solid and plastered (one has the shower) and one wall, 1100mm opposite the shower, is stud wall.

I was thinking maybe to play it safe and save some money and make it easier, to aquapanel / hardiebacker the wall with shower, and the lower section of the side wall (from about shoulder height down, then green moisture plasterboard above and on the stud wall, where it should not really get wet.

I think I decided on HardieBacker before based on the very good installation videos!

Sponsored Links
Aquapanel or Hardiebacker in the shower and anywhere it may get wet all the way.
MDF would be poor to bond tiles to, guy in B&Q is an expert I would ignore, also green board is nasty stuff to cut it releases fumes as well as the very fine dust from MDF that needs controlling. avoid power tools if possible it is easy to cut with hand tools if you do use it.

What is the best fixing for Hardiebacker boards on a plastered brick wall?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back