what boiler and cylinder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

out of touch x heating engineer needs your thoughts and views on replacing heating system

I am in the process of ripping out the old 1 pipe system inc boiler and cylinder.

I like the idea of a magaflow hw cylinder but question if the cost is worth the hassle of plumbing in the system myself. (haven't got any kit to measure the flow rate but experiance tell me that the water flow is adequate as the pressure is high, is this naive? is there a rule of thumb test for this.

Also require a system boiler. I want a sealed system and like the quality of vaillant. The cost doesn't appear to be any more that other makes.

looking at around 15KW. would appreciate any views on this combination

Sponsored Links
Questions about suitability of unvented cylinders (Megaflo, etc.) get very complicated, as you will see if you look at some of the other threads dealing with this.

First you must get the basics right. High pressure does not necessarily translate as high flow rate, which is what you ought to be concerned about. Best if you check some other threads to save us repeating ourselves.

Checked out previous posts all my questions are answered there. Got over exited by looking at all the boiler and cylinders out there. takes me back to time on the tools i was always on the carpet then too

Still like Vaillants though!!!!

cheers

Sponsored Links
I think your right about the Vaillants. The condensing models seem to be highly thought of on this forum. If you haven't got the flow to make an unvented cylinder viable, how about an Ecomax 35kW ? You'll get a reasonable hot water flow (15 l/min?)due to high output.

Chrishut

I take it that the Ecomax is a combi. I would prefer to install a HW cylinder somewhere.

I appreciate the advice though

As you can probably tell I have lost touch somewhat and need to dust the tools down your help is invaluable
will refresh myself with the search tool first though :confused:

thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back