What Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm upgrading to a Combi boiler.
From a previous thread i have decided i need a 30kw boiler.
Are there any reliable cheaper alternatives to Worcester or vaillant? :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Ian123 said:
I'm upgrading to a Combi boiler.
From a previous thread i have decided i need a 30kw boiler.
Are there any reliable cheaper alternatives to Worcester or vaillant? :rolleyes:

Some people here say that BIASI are not bad these days. Heatline are top quality components assembled in Turkey to keep the price down. Many models have Giannoni Stainless steel heat exchangers (same as on Vaillants, etc), Grundfos pumps, etc. get the one with Stainless steel heat exchanger, if you go with Heatline, the Solux and Solaris range.
http://www.heatline.co.uk/productviewer.php?sectionid=1&pid=2

Price for 30kW:
http://tinyurl.com/ysbk2x

BIASI:
http://tinyurl.com/38dxqs
Search around for better deals.

I would prefer the Heatline over the BIASI. I have seen quite a few of these going into new builds.

Realistically you would be better off buying a Glow Worm which is a Vaillant inside (same company), or vaillant or W-B, or an Atmos Intercombi, etc.

OP

A glow worm is not a Vaillant inside, Glow worms are inferior quality, more basic elecrtonics, less diagnostics, less warranty, more difficult to work on and replace components.

Definitely the 'poor mans choice' :rolleyes:

gas4you said:
OP

A glow worm is not a Vaillant inside, Glow worms are inferior quality, more basic elecrtonics, less diagnostics, less warranty, more difficult to work on and replace components.

Definitely the 'poor mans choice' :rolleyes:

The HXi is a direct Vaillant model

Sponsored Links
Hxi is the old discontinued Ecomax Pro. You really should stick to thermal stores.

Heatline Solaris 30KW looks ok to me.
I recognise the manufacturer's of alot of the parts Alfa Laval etc..

Has anyone had any major issues with this model?

The price is alot less than the worcester and vaillants :D

Ian123 said:
Heatline Solaris 30KW looks ok to me.
I recognise the manufacturer's of alot of the parts Alfa Laval etc..

Alfa Laval will make the plate heat X

Has anyone had any major issues with this model?

The price is alot less than the worcester and vaillants :D

On another thread the outside weather compensator was made to work on a BIASI by installing a plate heat X temp sensor outside.

So, if you want outside weather compensation. this is a cheap way to go. I think BIASI use Wilo pumps and not sure who makes their pre-mix burners.

What flowrate would you suggest, the flow rate on this is 2.5ish litres/min above the worcester bosch 30cdi which i was looking at

Ian123 said:
What flowrate would you suggest, the flow rate on this is 2.5ish litres/min above the worcester bosch 30cdi which i was looking at

15 litres/min at least . BIASI havea 16 litre/min model. The one I linked to. Highline a similar one too.

The W-B 40kW delivers 17 litres/min

Heatline Solaris 30KW is a 35kw 14l/m boiler... the 30kw is for ch,

biasi do the m110.32 which is also a 14l/m

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back