What certificate should I have for a new boiler install???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had a new central heating boiler installed earlier in the year and now I am looking to sell my house and the buyers solicitor has asked for the building regulations completion/compliance certificate.
The problem is the company who fitted it gave me a certificate to say it was fitted properly but the buyer wont accept this!

Does anyone know exactly what certificate I should have for this type of work??

Thanks.....

SteveP

Sponsored Links
They should have notified CORGI who would have advised the Building Control department and sent you a blue certificate!

You can complain to Gas Safe and possible also to CORGI who no longer do gas registration since April this year.

This is the result of using an installer who is not doing a proper job.

Tony

Have a look here for an example of what the current certificate should look like.

The installer is fine and they are Corgi/Gas Safe registered but they are telling me that the switch from Corgi to Gas Safe is resulting in a lot of the certificates being delayed - does this sound right?

Is there anything I can do to speed things up??

SteveP

Sponsored Links
How long has the delay been?

I got mine within 2 months.

You can always contact gas safe & ask them if one is being issued.

. There was no confusing at all . If its not registered with either it down to installer to register it. Takes 5 mins and costs £2.30

a customer of mine is still waiting on her certificate for a boiler i installed 2 months ago, gas safe said i was sent, asked them to send a copy to her parents house which the said they would but still nothing.

iv had 7 other certificates for jobs since though

I wouldn't use gas safe for certs, they are far too unreliable, currently using aphc.

A copy of the benchmark sheet plus maybe a written confirmation from the installer providing verifiable proof that he was registered at the time of install should suffice.
The problems is that lawyers like to cover their ass, but don't know what is or is not compulsory.
It would be great if the provision of the certificate was compulsory as it would make the use of cowboys very unattractive, but sadly it isn't.

Solicitors on house sales love to use this as an excuse to send another letter that they can charge for.

Next one i get for a pre april 2005 install i will be sending a bill to them for the time i spend explaining to a customer its not req .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back