What could cause this socket to burnout?

Says the man who thinks that if he lies about where he lives the last 100 years won't have happened.

Sponsored Links
I cannot believe that the human brain somehow makes the installer tighten the line conductor more than the neutral.

You can believe it. It is something in the sub-conscious "auto-pilot" where "emotion" affects and overrides physical ability / activity. If you can walk along a two inch wide beam one foor above the floor without falling off then you can walk along the same beam 50 foot above the floor without falling off. Try it.... most will fall from 50 foot. Some will say feed back from the view via the eyes affected the balancing process. This led to the experiment being conducted with people blindfolded. They could walk the beam one foot high but most lost balance when 50 foot above gound. ( safety rope saved them )

The Live terminal is more dangerous ( 50 foot high ) than the Neutral ( one foot high ) so the Live probably gets a bit more tightening even if the person doesn't realise it.
Not when you have had a few, you can walk a 50 foot ridge as good as you can walk on a 2" high ridge. 52% people had one too many who joined Nigel Farage for his daily dose of Brexit lager. ( oh he will now miss his Carlsberg beer now!)

Yet again, it is the neutral that has fried. It seems to me that we see this issue much more with the neutral than with line connections.
Kirchoff tell us that the current in the line = current in the neutral. I cannot believe that the human brain somehow makes the installer tighten the line conductor more than the neutral.

Yet, time after time, we are shown photos that it has been the neutral termination that failed.

Theories?

Previous me has commented on this:

"Upon inspecting before refitting - guess which connections have ended up coming out, and guess which ones have held tight?! On four separate occasions, with separate fittings, the neutrals and/or earths have come loose, whereas not even one live has done so far."

[http://www.electriciansforums.co.uk...ical-forum/101714-bloody-loose-neutrals.html]

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back