What do I do ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello guys
I need some advice on the sale of my old property, my 2 bed semi house has a wooden clad structure all around with UPVC windows & door conservatory extension added in around 1996.
The buyer has asked for a building reg certificate / council written consent paperwork !
The builder in 1996 said to me at the time it didn't need planning permission as it was a wooden structure & he rang the council at the time to confirm this.
What do I do now ?
Just rand my council & they have no surveyors on duty today because of cutbacks ! But one will be in tomorrow.

Thanks for your help as I don't want to delay the sale

Sponsored Links
If it was me I would reply telling them exactly what you were told.
Then wait and see where they go from there.

Had something rather similar when I sold recently relating to the age of the EPC and also a fence line, the buyers solicitor was just covering his butt I think.

Just tell them that even if it they were required you are well beyond the time limit by when any prosecution for any lack of approval could be taken. And tell your solicitor that he/she should have known this.

Solicitors across the land are dumb as are many buyers. Next they will ask you to buy a pointless indemnity insurance .......

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back