What do i need to do....regs, planning permission, party wall, all 3 ??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there - i am looking for some advice based on the photo i have shared of my existing garage (please take a look)
FYI, my house is on the left of the photo, and my neighbours is the white property on the right-hand side

So in summary :

1 - I am hoping to have a concrete floor put down, coming right to the front of my house in length
2 - Have a full height brick wall built on right-hand side from the corner of my neighbours house but on my drive (obviously !). The length of this wall from the white house, flush with the front of my house is approx 1.3m
3 - A brick pillar of some sort built on the front of the wall described in number 2
4 - A traditional garage door hung
5 - Roof to either be a flat roof thus extending forward the existing, or potentially (cost dependent) some kind of pitched roof
6 - A drain to be put inside the garage as i would like to put a sink and my washing m/c in there too (sewer/man hole is virtually from where the photo was taken, give or take !)

Ideally, to save costs and do it myself, i would have liked to have just brought the garage door forward and hang right on the front corner of my neighbours house, but sods law, it would be smack bang in the middle of our UPVC side door and we have no scope to move the UPVC door left or right.

With this in mind, can anyone confirm if i am into regs, planning permission, party wall, or all 3 please ?

Additionally and fwiw, in 2011, we had a 4.5mx4.5m single storey extension on the back of the house

Can anyone confirm and share any thoughts please ?

TIA

Attachments

• side of house.jpg
    side of house.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 84
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back