What doesn't John D understand about this ?

Many UK farmers are overfunded by eu tax payers. I know wealthy dairy farmers with huge swathes of land who receive around £100k per year in subsidies. And their business makes a tidy profit without that payout.
Perhaps now the situation will be reviewed.

The leave campaigners said more money would be available for nhs if we leave the eu.
I've no idea if that's true or not but to suggest that less will be available is conjecture.
That'll be why so many dairy farmers have gone out of business or changed their business model.

Sponsored Links
Many UK farmers are overfunded by eu tax payers. I know wealthy dairy farmers with huge swathes of land who receive around £100k per year in subsidies. And their business makes a tidy profit without that payout.
Perhaps now the situation will be reviewed.

And perhaps not.
"The government ends post Brexit uncertainty by guaranteeing subsidies for food production until 2020, but leaves a question mark over environment subsidies."
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b07nn86n

"They would more accurately be described as land subsidies, as they are paid by the hectare. The more land you own or lease, the more public money you are given, so the richest people in Europe clean up. And not just in Europe: Russian oligarchs, Saudi princes and Wall Street bankers have bought up tracts of European farmland, thus qualifying for the vast sums we shovel into their pockets."
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/jun/21/waste-cash-leavers-in-out-land-subsidie
"This is arguably the most regressive distribution of public money in modern times. Taxpayers of all stations stock the wine cellars of dukes and hedge fund managers. As much as 80% of the funds are harvested by the richest 25% of recipients. The poorest farmers are excluded: you cannot claim subsidies unless you own or lease at least five hectares. A report by the European court of auditors reveals that the EU has no useful data on farm incomes, and therefore no knowledge of whether farm subsidies serve any social purpose."

You may be aware that Iain Duncan Smith's multi-millionaire family receives vastly more in state handouts than the poor or disabled, whose benefits he was so keen to cut.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
That doesn't surprise me.
Some of these people have nothing else better to do than make sure their paper work is in order to receive these vast sums.

I wonder how much the late Duke of Westminster has claimed in subsidies over the years and how much tax the estate will be paying due to his unfortunate passing.

I know off a farm that someone inherited and his accountant told him to just walk away as the government was selling it all off to pay unpaid taxes.

the U.K may well be the only country in Europe that has had a full democracy in , what the last 200 years

Ha ha, that's a funny one. Obviously you didn't intend to be taken seriously.

Just in case:

When do you think the UK introduced universal male suffrage?
(clue: the soldiers who fought in WW1 mostly didn't have votes).

And when do you think the vote was granted to all adult people unfortunate enough to lack a penis?

What year do you think the House of Lords became a democratically elected chamber?

Well put it this way , compared to the rest of Europe & there military dictators ect the U.K comes out of it pretty well ;)

Incidentally are there still not countries were those with out a Penis are not allowed to vote ? or even drive a car ;);)

or travel abroad with out a mans permission ? ;) or even go to school ;)

:LOL:

Last edited:
I see you backpedal to avoid answering the questions but instead add more rubbish onto your existing pile.

Which European countries do you think are ruled by military dictators?

Who did you vote for in the House of Lords?

I see you backpedal to avoid answering the questions but instead add more rubbish onto your existing pile.

see my original post .

who did u vote for to be on the E.U commission ?

When was the last time the U.k had an un-elected government ?

So your answers are (a) none and (b) nobody because you have no vote.

So your answers are (a) none and (b) nobody because you have no vote.

so you back pedalled to avoid answering the question than ? :LOL:

my original post is ? or should be self explanatory ? correct the error (s) I assume u are aware of some basic European history in say the last 80 years ?
And have heard of Franco, Hitler, Mussolini, the Soviet Union, the military junta in Greece in the 70's, military junta that ran Turkey.
Than there was Tito in the old Yugoslavia, that bloke in Romania , General what his name in Poland in the 80's , Hodger in Albania, the dictater in Portugal in the 70's ? , the Turkish invasion in Northern Cyprus which they annexed ?

Lithuania, Georgia , Ukraine that were part of the soviet union.

Bulgaria, Hungary , Czecholovakia, Poland that were run by the Soviet Union ?

What planet have u been on ???????? :LOL:

O.K I will throw my hands up my comments about the Swiss & Sweden were a bit harsh :)

Last edited:
Incidentally are there still not countries were those with out a Penis are not allowed to vote ? or even drive a car ;);)
I see Noseall's observation was spot on:
It's not the fact that a high number of threads on here are dedicated Muslim bashing threads it's the fact that virtually all the remaining ones get turned into them too.

Start a thread about it.
It'd be turned into a Muslim bashing thread by the likes of you, handypandy and spuey within a couple of posts.
No, I promise I will not interfere with it.

I see Noseall's observation was spot on:
It's not the fact that a high number of threads on here are dedicated Muslim bashing threads it's the fact that virtually all the remaining ones get turned into them too.

That's not really bashing. It's just stating facts which you find uncomfortable. If I was a Muslim I'd be pretty ashamed. You are clearly not ashamed.

Sponsored Links
Back