What fitting is neede for 25 KG mirror

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a mirror l want to put up on a wall that is dob & dab plasterboard with breeze blocks behind that.
The mirror is heavy and only has one keyhole fitting at the back , the keyhole fitting is small so wouldn't take a large head screw or coach screw..
Any suggestions please on how to go about . The mirror is new so l presume one fitting hole with the right wall fitting will hold the weight ..
The mirror is 4ft in diameter.

Attachments

• IMG_2184.JPG
    IMG_2184.JPG
    210.7 KB · Views: 220
  • IMG_2185.JPG
    IMG_2185.JPG
    314.7 KB · Views: 238
  • IMG_2186.JPG
    IMG_2186.JPG
    189.6 KB · Views: 232
Sponsored Links
How many millimetres are these two dimensions?

jhigfigfddg.jpg

Well a M6 coach screw head not go through the bottom hole ..

I use 120mm screw , smallest head available will usually fit if not I grind the head down to size.
This screws straight thru my insulated plasterboard into thermalite blocks. Hold most things including curtain rails. If its not holding I remove and hammer in 6mm dowel to 120mm which gets a firm hold.

Sponsored Links
I would NOT trust that fixing. The three screws used to fix the bracket to the plywood could easily split the plywood as they are so close to the end of the plywood..

If you want a safe single screw fixture then replace that bracket with a longer one with fixings to the ply woodspread over a larger area.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back