what fittings do i need for my radiators?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all. im in the middle of re doing all the rooms upstairs and i want to add/move some radiators. at the moment ive got 2 15mm pipes coming upstairs and 8mm microbore pipes run from them to the radiators. ive tryed to find some more 8mm fittings and pipes to carry on the same as whats there but its difficult to find them. someone suggested i just change it to plastic. so is there a manifold that i connect to the 2 15mm pipes so i can run 4 radiators from them? or would i be better off trying to find some 8mm pipe and fittings? the pipes for 2 of the radiators only need to be extended about 500-1000mm and the other 2 ill have to run completely new pipes( approx 30meters) thanx

Sponsored Links
im changing one of the radiators to a towel radiator and its going on the other side of the room and im adding 1 small single radiator 450 x 700

15 mm pipework to feed four rads is pushing it a bit, but should be fine as long as none of them are too big. You would be better to extend the flow and returns closer to the rads though rather then having a long run to them in 8 mm.
In fact you could use 10 mm pushfit to the rads themselves

Sponsored Links
how much closer? two of the rads are 2-3m away from the 15mm one is around 5m and the smallest radiator is around 7m away

ive made a quick drawing of the system thats there and the new location i need the rads.
http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/1990/radiators.png
the red lines are the 2 15mm pipes and the 8mm microbore.
the purple lines are where i was thinking of putting the new pipes/or extending the current ones.
the brown squares are the current rads and the blue ones are the location of where i want to move them.

hope this helps to show what im trying to do.

Obviously it's not to scale but if you extend the two 15mm pipes as far as the next elbow in your picture, you could then feed the two middle rads in 10 mm similar to the way the one on the left is piped. Then carry on in 10 mm to the one on the right.

if i did extend them, do i just T the 10mm pipes to all the rads? can you get 15mm to 10mm T? would it be better for me if i made away with the 8mm microbore and just run 10mm plastic in the same place?

Yes you can get 15mm to 10 mm tees, if you take your picture to a good plumbers merchant they will sort you out with what you need.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back