What floors add value?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys.

I am in the process of getting my bungalow renovation planned out. I have heard that the crème de la crème of flooring is solid wood flooring but I have also heard it comes with disadvantages so I have looked into engineered wood. According to https://lifestyleflooringuk.co.uk/engineered-wood-flooring-advice this guide it is not really suitable for installing in bathrooms which leaves me with 2 options.

I phoned Lifestyle Flooring UK and they put me in the direction of "LVT" - this stands for luxury vinyl tiles... They said if I wanted to ad value then Karndean and Amtico are the recognised brand in this type of flooring. I have had a good look and Amtico Spacia looks great.
My question is, do I go for solid wood or engineered and just install a cheaper version of LVT in the bathrooms or do I install Amtico throughout? Which will add most value and be easier to sell with?

Sponsored Links
I wouldn’t think any floor would add value. One mans meat and all that....

If this is a bungalow you will be living in, fit what you want.

If it's to sell, then fit cheap carpet. Regardless of what you fit, any new owner will inevitably want something else.

"LVT" - this stands for luxury vinyl tiles.
Suppliers may claim that, but in the end it's just overpriced crap plastic.

Sponsored Links
Nothing other than adding floor space increases the value of a property, might make it easier to sell certainly, but add value, no.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back