WHAT HAPPENED TO THE FARMERS FUEL PROTESTING

B

B.O.B DOLE

ITS ovius to me that the farmers have had a back hander they where protesting when the fuel rose to 80p a litre now its 90p a litre the country is corrupt so where are they now sat at home with there diesel coupons

Sponsored Links
I'm not so sure, it is hard to keep a conspiracy like that going... I know that agriculture has modernised but it is hardly an Apollo programme! ;)

Perhaps they are biding their time until the government is settled, THEN they will strike. Of course, it would probably be better to do it now, catch them unawares.

I don't the EU subsidies allow them to expend the fuel for the protest anymore :LOL: :LOL:

I don't believe its fizzled out and they are biding their time. I would suggest the best time for action, from a public support point of view, would be the widespread breaking of the £1 Litre barrier.

The winter would also be a better time for the campaign. The authorities could drag a dispute out far longer in the mild weather, than the winter, when demand increases dramatically.

Sponsored Links
FWL_Engineer said:
I don't the EU subsidies allow them to expend the fuel for the protest anymore :LOL: :LOL:

It is highly unlikely the farmers would use red diesel,on the public road, during a fuel protest. The authorities were after any excuse to to nail the ones they saw as the instigators and this would of been the perfect reason.

more than likely it was the hype before the election hoping to sway unsure voters now the election is over the all mouth and no trouser brigade have all gone back into the woodwork.

david and julie said:
FWL_Engineer said:

It is highly unlikely the farmers would use red diesel,on the public road, during a fuel protest. The authorities were after any excuse to to nail the ones they saw as the instigators and this would of been the perfect reason.

Farmers will invariably use red diesel on the public road, as long it is powering their tractors/agricultural vehicles as opposed to LandRovers/cars etc. Are you suggesting the tractors have two fuel tanks - the red one whilst in the field and the white one when driving to and from the field??

..more than likely it was the hype before the election hoping to sway unsure voters now the election is over the all mouth and no trouser brigade have all gone back into the woodwork...
Took it's time, but arrived in the end ! Kendo bites back ... What happened to magnanimity in victory ? .... However hollow.. :LOL:

An everyday farmer is an everyday bloke, if you have the opportunity to run your motor from a large premises on cheaper fuel, what would you do ?
:D

i'd answer you on that if i knew what magnawhatsiname meant :LOL:

chambsesf said:
david and julie said:
FWL_Engineer said:

Farmers will invariably use red diesel on the public road, as long it is powering their tractors/agricultural vehicles as opposed to landrovers/cars etc. Are you suggesting the tractors have two fuel tanks - the red one whilst in the field and the white one when driving to and from the field??

No I am not suggesting farmers have twin tanks. What I am saying is that farmers are only allowed to use red diesel in the course of their business. This would more often be on private land although they are allowed on public land to get from one field to another. Farmers also sometimes use their tractors to go market or auctions etc. This was never originally allowed but seems to be overlooked these days. In no stretch of the imagination could blockading refineries be considered to be agricultural business though and in this context they could be prosecuted and could have their tractors confiscated.

I have noticed that many of the blockading tractors are in fact the Fast Track type though. These are the ones you see with 4 very large wheels which are capable of more normal road speeds. The purpose being that they can do a combined on/off road work, including much further distances. I presume when these type of tractors are towing conventional lorry trailers on the main road they would use white diesel rather than red.

I agree with you about farmers own personal transport, when used on the public road they should use white rather than red. ;)

Normal commercial vehicles such as fridge trucks do usually have twin tanks. White for the tractor unit and Red for the refrigeration unit, this arrangement also allows the fridge to run when uncoupled.

david and julie said:
chambsesf said:
david and julie said:
FWL_Engineer said:

Farmers will invariably use red diesel on the public road, as long it is powering their tractors/agricultural vehicles as opposed to landrovers/cars etc. Are you suggesting the tractors have two fuel tanks - the red one whilst in the field and the white one when driving to and from the field??

No I am not suggesting farmers have twin tanks. What I am saying is that farmers are only allowed to use red diesel in the course of their business. This would more often be on private land although they are allowed on public land to get from one field to another. Farmers also sometimes use their tractors to go market or auctions etc. This was never originally allowed but seems to be overlooked these days. In no stretch of the imagination could blockading refineries be considered to be agricultural business though and in this context they could be prosecuted and could have their tractors confiscated.

I have noticed that many of the blockading tractors are in fact the Fast Track type though. These are the ones you see with 4 very large wheels which are capable of more normal road speeds. The purpose being that they can do a combined on/off road work, including much further distances. I presume when these type of tractors are towing conventional lorry trailers on the main road they would use white diesel rather than red.

I agree with you about farmers own personal transport, when used on the public road they should use white rather than red. ;)

Normal commercial vehicles such as fridge trucks do usually have twin tanks. White for the tractor unit and Red for the refrigeration unit, this arrangement also allows the fridge to run when uncoupled.

May be uncovering a grey area here. My fathers tractors are all taxed (at nil cost) as Agricultural Vehicles - this includes a Trantor which is similar in concept to a JCB Fastrac i.e. capable of 40/50 mph, air brakes etc. By virtue of the fact that they require road tax, there is a clear intent (by both parties) that they will spend time on the road - in his case, going to agricultural markets at Chelford, Beeston etc., and moving other vintage tractors around on a trailer. The line, therefore, between what is purely agricultural and what is road haulage (in some form) is blurred.

Never gets stopped though (unless you count the occasion on the East Lancs when his amber beacon wasn't working)......

chambsesf Next time your at Beeston nip in the Beeston Castle and tell the landlord to cheer up a bit. We used to enjoy lunch there, but now go to the Dusty Miller at Wrenbury or the Cholmondley Arms instead. :D

I am sure you have mentioned it before but is it Warrington you live?

btw, there was once a case where some fast trac's were done for no operators licence or tacho, they were carrying logs if I remember rightly, don't remember any comments about diesel though.

david and julie said:
chambsesf
I am sure you have mentioned it before but is it Warrington you live?

Correct - well remembered. It only says Manchester on the left because that is where I work - love that M62/M602/Regent Road every morning.

Hey, I met some guys from Warrington at a conference a couple of years ago. They had both bought houses in a pretty dodgy area for about £17K, and flash cars worth £20K+. Only instances of "car worth more than house" I have heard of :LOL:

AdamW said:
Hey, I met some guys from Warrington at a conference a couple of years ago. They had both bought houses in a pretty dodgy area for about £17K, and flash cars worth £20K+.

Sadly, yes, we have one or two dodgy areas. Guess every town/city is the same. Still, if you're not too choosy, gets your feet on the property ladder, independence, own space etc. Also allows more money to be wisely invested in beer, fags, women and cars.

Sponsored Links
Back