What have you bought today?

A pair of jeans and a Polo shirt. Both were half price in my local department store. Jeans fit perfect, polo shirt a teeny weeny bit of a snug fit, just like the Fred Perry I bought a while ago and have yet to wear, but that is my incentive to lose a bit of cheeky tummy and drop a bra size or two for the summer! :ROFLMAO: If I don’t, they will go the way of all my other 'slightly tight' bargain buys - our son will relieve me of them!

View attachment 335615
Just called in there again this morning as I was passing on my dog walk and snagged another pair of jeans. Was £110, then £77, now £55 PLUS an extra 20% off sale items so just £44. Bargain!

IMG_6304.jpeg

Sponsored Links
25p for a carrier bag?, they must've seen you coming. ;)

I try to never go out, where I might make a purchase, without a carrier bag in my pocket. It's not about the 25p, but the 25p charge is to help deter from using the bags - besides, what do you do with all the bags, once home?

I try to never go out, where I might make a purchase, without a carrier bag in my pocket. It's not about the 25p, but the 25p charge is to help deter from using the bags - besides, what do you do with all the bags, once home?
I didn’t go out expecting to make a purchase but I keep my bags over the allotment and use them when I give vegetables away to friends and family.

Sponsored Links
I'm no longer a cordless power tool virgin. Picked up a Dewalt 18v combi drill today.

I can already tell something that will take a little while to get used to is the driving of screws. Yes there are multiple torque settings however I'm coming from 30 odd years of using manual drivers and 'feeling' when the screw is tight enough.

Pleased overall though, can't wait to start using it :)

Been out looking at quartz worktops for the upcoming kitchen revamp. Agreed a colour, agreed a price. Just got to wait until base units fitted (arriving 7th May) before they can come round and make the template.
Ordered an undermount 1.5 bowl sink.

Been out looking at quartz worktops for the upcoming kitchen revamp. Agreed a colour, agreed a price. Just got to wait until base units fitted (arriving 7th May) before they can come round and make the template.

This is turning into a long job.

Last 3 or so kitchens I've done they didn't use templates, all done with lasers and a laptop.

..and cancelled it today. All around the £360 mark. (Franke wanted £463) One I ordered was £315 and then I got email this morning saying not in stock, can’t get a delivery date from Franke but expect 7-10 working days etc. I don’t want to wait two weeks to find out the haven’t got it so cancelled. Looked elsewhere, £335 at Wickes but I just had a quick look on Facebook marketplace and saw one, new and boxed, left over from a job and only 40 minutes away. They wanted £270 but we settled on £220. I went and picked it up from a kitchen shop in Chelmsford. Result. Every cloud and all that…

IMG_1399.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Back