What have you bought today?

Sponsored Links
I try to never go out, where I might make a purchase, without a carrier bag in my pocket. It's not about the 25p, but the 25p charge is to help deter from using the bags - besides, what do you do with all the bags, once home?
I burn them in the back garden, along with a load of petrol and coal, and laugh at the thought of Botch's tears.

Sponsored Links
More bird seed.

IMG_1425.jpeg

New kitchen taps in preparation for the new kitchen. Same as the old kitchen taps. Apparently the old kitchen taps won’t match the new kitchen cupboard handles. :rolleyes:

IMG_1429.jpeg

Fish & Chips supper in a resturant.
That raises a question - why do restaurants like parts of a meal on top of other parts of a meal? Tonight the fish was laid on top of the chips with the mushy peas on on side-by-side that means to season the chips you have to either eat the fish first or move he good around the plate.

Tonight the fish was laid on top of the chips with the mushy peas on on side-by-side that means to season the chips you have to either eat the fish first or move he good around the plate.

Laziness - throw the chips on the plate, then rather than tidy them up, just throw the fish on top?

Last edited:
A new cooker hood. That’s all the major components ordered for the new kitchen now. Units, Quartz worktops/upstands/splashback, two ovens, induction hob, sink, taps, cooker hood, fridge/freezer. Appliances being delivered 2nd May, old kitchen being removed 5th May, new kitchen units being delivered 7th May then full steam ahead. Hopefully!

Fish & Chips supper in a resturant.
That raises a question - why do restaurants like parts of a meal on top of other parts of a meal? Tonight the fish was laid on top of the chips with the mushy peas on on side-by-side that means to season the chips you have to either eat the fish first or move he good around the plate.

Maybe to make it look like there's more on the plate? Piling it up poss an illusion. There's a lot of tw@tting about with food in restaurants these days. Chips vertically in a small bowl or basket. Food served on a piece of slate. Even my brother is at it. Went around to his last night and mentioned I was peckish. He rustled up fried eggs, beans and chips, and put the chips on top of the eggs and beans. No need to mince around with it, just get it on the plate!

Maybe to make it look like there's more on the plate? Piling it up poss an illusion. There's a lot of tw@tting about with food in restaurants these days. Chips vertically in a small bowl or basket. Food served on a piece of slate. Even my brother is at it. Went around to his last night and mentioned I was peckish. He rustled up fried eggs, beans and chips, and put the chips on top of the eggs and beans. No need to mince around with it, just get it on the plate!

Many of our cups plates, are up to 40 years old, and still in use. The breakables, broke long ago, the unbreakables are still in use. I can't do with faffing about with food, get it on the plate hot, and on a hot plate. I eat slow, and want my food still warm near the end.

Sponsored Links
Back