what if . . .

Sponsored Links
This is another sneaky bit by Camelot:

"If no corresponding prize claim or lost ticket notice has been received the prize may be paid to the finder at Camelot's discretion after the expiry of the 180-day claim deadline."

that's why the tickets have a space on the back for writing your name and address on..

Sponsored Links
This is another sneaky bit by Camelot:

"If no corresponding prize claim or lost ticket notice has been received the prize may be paid to the finder at Camelot's discretion after the expiry of the 180-day claim deadline."

That's not sneaky.

If after losing a ticket, you can prove to Camelot when and where you purchased it,
they will payout after 180 days, provided no one else has claimed the prize.

But you must report a lost ticket within 30 days.
They have paid out hundreds of times in such circumstances, in fact they have been fined for ignoring the 30 day rule, and still paying out.

I buy 21 tickets each week for the work syndicate plus my own ticket.
If I lose one how do I go about proving I bought it in the first place? :confused:

I buy 21 tickets each week for the work syndicate plus my own ticket.
If I lose one how do I go about proving I bought it in the first place? :confused:

Only you, will know where you purchased the ticket.

Only you, will know the approximate time you purchased the ticket.

More importantly, only you can know, it was a winning ticket purchased at said place and time.

OK.
I buy the tickets and on the way out of the shop I am putting them in my pocket when I drop one. Little old lady behind sees it and picks it up. She then claims the prize.
How do I prove it was my ticket? She may have bought one right after me.

OK.
I buy the tickets and on the way out of the shop I am putting them in my pocket when I drop one. Little old lady behind sees it and picks it up. She then claims the prize.
How do I prove it was my ticket? She may have bought one right after me.

Do you use the same numbers every week?
If so, Camelot can check back to verify.

Also, you are the only person able to tell Camelot that a winning ticket was purchased, at that place and time , without having the winning ticket.
No one else could do that.

If it was a lucky dip, you would never know.

I have these little tickets with barcodes on them. A total of 84 lines with 3 lines on each ticket so I rotate them randomly each week, keeping last weeks tickets out of the selection, so yes, I could tell which ones I had put on and I do tend to use the same shop each week.

Amanda Stacey, 34, found the ticket in her local Co-op in Swindon and took it home - only to discover it held the winning numbers for that night.

Had to be the Co-op

:rolleyes:

ok just to add to this, what if you were walking out of camelot with your £50M+ winnings in your pocket and you dropped it and some old lady picked it up......

ok just to add to this, what if you were walking out of camelot with your £50M+ winnings in your pocket and you dropped it and some old lady picked it up......

The cheque would be in your name :p

Anyway they don't pay you all at once, it is £1 a week for 50M weeks.................

if you had won 50M, then wouldn't you put every possible combination on again the next time it was a 50-60M jackpot?

might cost you a couple mill, but would guarantee that you won..
wouldn't guarantee that you were the ONLY winner though..

nevermind.. i think i just worked out that it would cost you 18,306,086,400 tickets to get all combinations?

50x49x48x47x46x9x8? ( 5 from 50, and 2 from 9 ? )

some site says odds are 76,275,360 - 1 of getting the winner..

Sponsored Links
Back