What is a corner hip roof?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I'm trying to understand what a 'corner hip' roof is. I've searched the internet for images but can't find one.

Can somebody explain, or preferably show me an image of a corner hip roof?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Indy. In a nutshell.
As we are as thick as two short planks with regard to files, cutting and pasting etc, refer back to your previous post. What do you think of these plans? Posted Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:34 am.
The front elevation of the new extension shows a corner half hip. A true corner hip will be for the dormer window to be omitted and the hip rafter to extend from the abutment of the ridge and the existing house down to ground floor wall plate, but in your case it could work out to be irregular pitch. all depends on measures and pitch.
Corner hips are normally found in a single storey lean to wrap round extension, or single storey lean to extension with either corner hip to front and back or to one end only.
Roof as shown is feasible to a good stick and throw lad, but there will be few complications bottom of dormer window frame. Could be made a lot easier with a bit of thought.
Regards oldun.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back