What is causing fuses to blow?

Sponsored Links
P.S. full marks on camera use, they are very good photos.

Got a macro lens on my Moto G9 Play, comes in handy sometimes.
Also studied still life photography about 20 years ago!

Very common occurrence on appliances where the flex is constantly well "flexed" in all directions where it terminates at the appliance or plug. Hair dryers/straighteners/curling tongs are probably the most common but I've seen it on vacuum cleaners too. Your extension lead will be fine, just either get a new hair dryer or rewire the plug.

OK, this is weird. A different hair dryer, in a different socket on the same circuit, just flashed. Changed the fuse and working again. But, coincidence?
Also, I notice the kitchen lights (no others though) dimmed a few times just now while I was in there.
Could there be a problem with the electrics? Consumer unit is new (4 years, and the kitchen lights have always flickered and dimmed a bit) and all on separate circuit and separate side of the consumer unit to the bedrooms though.

Hopefully just a coincidence ... but seems a bit odd. Nothing has changed regarding the electrics in the last few years.

Sponsored Links
Have you examined the wiring on the plug for this " different" hair drier ?
Where was the fuse that blew ,in the plug ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back