What is my floor made of?

Woodulike,
Many thanks super fast response, I will being hunting for the glue

Many Thanks

Sponsored Links
One final question, I did not expect the glue, primer and smoothing compound to be so expensive. Do I need to go through these steps if the floor is smooth or is it because it is asphalt I have to do this process?

Many thanks

Yeap, that's right, the asphalt is the issue and you should cover this the way Mattysupra advised. If you want the best result that is.

Mmmmmm, For some reason I have purchases stopgap 114 to go with my stopgap green bag. I have layed 5m squared wtih this on asphalt flooring, will I have a problem? I know this is a latex and not acrylic but only found out after laying!!!!!

Cheers

Sponsored Links
mattysupra
How big a problem? I have checked the fball and it says I can use this with the latex the only thing I have found out is that it takes more than 24hrs to dry. I have tested with tester and patches a little wet. Can you let me know please why I cannot use. My asphalt is in perfect condition as the house is only 5 years old and the stopgap appears to have gone down really well. I have however stopped work waiting for your guidance. If i do have to lift up what do you suggest I do to lift it.

the problem is that the shear strength of the latex is no where near strong enougth for gluing solid wood to. The flooring will fail. The latex is fine if you was floating wood over the top but im afraid you cant glue to it.

To get the stuff back up, you will need a very sharp scraper.

Im just trying to think of a way around it for you but there really isnt one unless you want to take a risk?

O well, It appears I will have to scrape it up...... will go back to flooring company who was fully aware of what I was laying on to!!!

Many Thanks

the latex is o.k to lay onto your subfloor. It is what you want to stick to the top of the latex afterwards that is the problem!

I was going to stick 90mm solid oak with sikabond t54 I take it I still cant use this ?

Many Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back