What is the difference....between Worcesters.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A quick question.... What is the difference between a Worcester CDi boiler and a Si boiler. What would you put in a 3 bed house with 10 rads a bathroom and a shower room. Would a 95,500 BTU be enough (roughly) or is it worth going for the big 120,000 BTU... 35 CDi, or is this just wasteful with all that extra capability.
Cheers all...

Sponsored Links
Go to any merchants and pick up a worcester brochure even simpler go to worcester web site and they will tell you the differences and water delivery rates

namsag said:
Go to any merchants and pick up a worcester brochure even simpler go to worcester web site and they will tell you the differences and water delivery rates
and measure your rooms in m3 and they will tell you what size of rad you need for each room

I have looked... 28CDi 11.4 litres a min.... 28Si 11.6 litres a min... Doesn't seem to be much difference there... there is nearly £100 difference so I would guess that is more than .2 of a litre difference between them. I just thought someone may give me the benefit of their experience that is all. Namsag if you can't/won't or what is more than likely the case you don't know the answer,then why bother replying to my post or better still just keeping quiet would be what I would recommend.

Sponsored Links
Thanks BOB for that.. I am not that worried about the size issue, I will do all my BTU calculations on that... Glazing type etc. I should have thought before I put that in my post. (Sunday night thing). I just want to know if it's worth going for the CDi as regards to the Si.
Cheers for your helpful answer.

Don't you just love it really :LOL: :LOL:

28cdi can be used on an open vented system and carries a 5 year warrantee on the heat exchanger.

si can only be used with sealed systems and appears to have lost the warrantee.

And more to the point neither are HE boilers :cry: :cry:

stulew
why come here for information which is on the Worcester web site?
Fewer mouse clicks, was it?
Do a little more reading and you'll find you probably won't be getting either of these boilers.

Thanks for your help... I couldn't find the open vented/sealed system information on the website.
I wasn't being a lazy sod... just wanted some advice.
:LOL:

I have never understood Worcesters policy of bringing out a new combi every week which basiaclly does the same as all there existing models.
Anyway I allways used to fit the 28Cdi with the open vent kit and RF digistat with great sucess until april 2005.
Cant see why you would be looking at a non condensing boiler anymore anyway, as with all the flueing options and a soakaway for condensers on the market there are no real options left to fit non condensers.

stulew. It takes 4 clicks of a mouse on the worcester web site to get into technical data that tells you all about either boiler . If you are too lazy to do that and find out for yourself the proper information on those boiler and choose to get partial information by asking here, don`t give me your smart ass reply. On a previous post you say you normally fit worcesters so surely you should be gend up on the differences between models. Only two weeks ago you where on here asking an even more basic question as in where can i buy an instantaneous water heater em let me think a while on that one .Oh yeah try the plumbing/builders merchants usually an excellent place to start it is amazing what they sell

want to put some money on that kev?wood/peat/police land rovers you know we can burn them all efficently

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back